Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Money You Could Be Saving With Geico

I'm sure you've all seen those Geico commercials of the creepy money with eyes lurking in the background of various situations. Here's one of their commercials:



Today in the mail we got an ad from Geico with their new mascot inside. All day today I've had fun putting it around the house sitting in awkward places where Jeff would find it.


I thought these commercials were so dumb at first, but I gotta give props to Geico. Looks like it worked for me. They did a good job making it just weird enough to spark interest and then build off of that. I'm learning so much at school.

4 comments:

Jeff Excell said...

Sarah,

Why are you advertising for Geico when I work for Allstate? How am I suppose to keep people in good hands?

Kim said...

Your comment made me laugh, Jeff. Good point!!!

Ben, Tana, B.A., and Dirk said...

I think it would creep me out to find one of those eyeball things around my house.

Glen said...

Geico really isn't the cheapest or least expensive insurance company. Yet another example of the "creativity and repition" of marketing getting our attention.

Jeff, you should do a cost comparison of All State and Geico just for the fun of it....