Sunday, November 04, 2018

Jeff's Farewell Tour

Jeff strategically quit his old job to give himself an employment free week between jobs. We took the opportunity to quickly scope out Las Vegas and then we swung around to our summer vacation home (Panguitch). 








Then we came back home and had to visit Becky to tell her all about the house we would have bought in Las Vegas had my checkbook not mysteriously disappeared. Spoiler alert: It was very obviously (now that we are under contract on a different house three months later) not meant to be.
It took six months of planning before we were finally able to make it to the skating rink with our Bess Friends.




Becky graciously offered to watch our kids so Jeff and I could have one last date night before he left, which we used to play Frisbee golf.
And yeah, so we may have double dipped in our babysitting offerings. Teresa also offered to watch the kids so Jeff and I could have "one last date" together. For our second one last date we completed a 7 mile hike to Elephant Rock. Whew!
Jeff's last free day was spent on a family date as the boys were dying to go swimming and I gave them plenty of warning that swimming would be a firm no with Jeff gone.





The morning of his departure I made Jeff a hot breakfast and sent him packing!
The boys were very nervous to send Jeff away. Nobody was sure what to expect and I can still feel our hesitation to let him get on that plane.
But he did get on the plane! And the great part is, I'm writing this 3 months late so I can spoil the ending for you. He did such a great job at training and is graduating this week! We are so proud of the hard work and dedication Jeff has given to this career change and we were happy to support him chasing his dreams. It's probably been the hardest thing we've done as a family, but it has also been the most rewarding and forced us all to grow in new ways that we are all grateful for. But we are definitely ready to be reunited again!

1 comment:

Kim said...

The pictures from Panguitch are so beautiful. I loved seeing the family at the swimming pool.

So glad you got in two last dates before Jeff left. And even though I know Jeff got home safe and sound after his 3 month absence, my eyes teared up as I read about him leaving. I know that was hard for you and I admired your grit and determination to muscle your way through. And you did so masterfully--or so it appeared from my vantage point in Southern California. Nice job!!