Sunday, June 23, 2019

In-Nine Skating

I love Eli's birthday because it helps us start summer with a party! Everyone was ready to party except for Jonah who appears to be annoyed pictures were interfering with his breakfast. 

Eli got some roller blades and a hockey set. He and Jeff have started following the Golden Knights now that we're Vegas folks, so Eli's been interested in trying his hand at the sport. 
 He's also interested in trying his hand at spraying Reddi Whip.
We skated all morning and then go-karted all afternoon. 
Luckily Lincoln was allowed on the track with the big boys. He had a rocky first run, but he was a slick little rider once he got the hang of it! And I don't think you need me to tell you that the birthday boy and Carson picked it right up. 

Jonah had to sit this excursion out much to his frustration. 
But they did let him on the "Fun Slide." 
Eli and Carson got a whole roller coaster to themselves. Talk about a birthday treat!
Eli requested my family's tradition of Oreo Cream Pie. In a bold parenting move, we allowed Eli to light his own candles while teetering on his brand new roller blades.  *No children were harmed in the celebrating of this birthday. *
If you will remember, on Carson's birthday, I forgot to buy him a "7" candle and I didn't have seven individual candles, so we had to put a math equation on his cake to create his age.

I wasn't going to make the same mistake with Eli. A whole month before Eli's birthday, I bought his number candle so I would have it ready to go on June 4th. The night before his birthday, I rummaged through the cabinet to find his number 9 candle and all I could find was a number 8 candle. It donned on me that in my efforts to be overprepared, I was in slight denial of Eli's actual age and bought him the wrong candle. I can't seem to get this candle business down! Luckily I caught my mistake with enough time to fix it before the candles were lit by the bladed blazer.
It was a fun day celebrating this little dude. Eli is turning into a little man right before our eyes. We've noticed in the last few weeks that he's a lot more interested in being in on adult conversations, he is starting to get our jokes, and he's losing his interest in some of the little kid things that he used to do. It's weird seeing him grow up but fun to see him become his own person. We love you, Eli!

No comments: