Saturday, December 25, 2021

Old Habits, Die-Hard (BYU Fans)

Once upon a forever ago, my parents came to visit us in Las Vegas!
Sure, my Dad came out to see BYU play, but he was able to catch a t-ball practice of another one of his favorite athletes, Jonah!
The Japanese steakhouse just down the road has now become a tradition!


In fact, we have proven to be creatures of habit as my boys now demand the same rituals whenever my parents come to town. Last time they came we went to Dairy Queen 1-2 times a day. This time we ice-creamed up back at home. 
My parents were on their way out the door when Jonah got sad and requested a bedtime story from Grandpa. 

The only way to beat the 100+ degree heat is to hop in the pool! 
I had a major mom fail and forgot my kids' floaties because I had them packed away for the season and totally spaced it. We made it work though! Jonah and Lincoln were happy to test their swimming skills to paddle up to the top of the water after jumping in sans floaties. 
Not only are we creatures of habit, all of our habits revolve around food. Ohjah, ice-cream, swimming, and Raising Cane's! 
And of course we have the habitual BYU games. My Dad and Jeff ran off to a game with Eli and Carson while my mom and I hit up the park with the two little guys. 



The boys got stories from my Mom for bedtime.
The BYU folks got home after midnight and had to wake up bright and not too terribly early for 10:30 AM church. 
Post-church gaming for the bright-eyed.

And a little shut-eye for the sleepy. 
We closed the visit with a long-standing habit, a Sunday movie with popcorn. 
After my parents left, I found this picture Carson drew while sitting next to my Dad in Sacrament Meeting. We figured it was a good indication he enjoyed his first football game!
Thanks for coming, Mom and Dad! Feel free to make a habit out of stopping by! 

No comments: