Monday, September 22, 2008

Wide World of Sports


The long wait is over! After months of not blogging I am coming out of retirement to bring you this wonderful post. As some may know I am quite the sports fanatic. This time of year happens to be one of my favorites with baseball coming into the playoffs as well as football starting up.


I don't want to talk to much about the dodgers (my favorite team) and the amazing Manny Ramirez (he's amazing, because as you can see by the above picture he can make a bat float between his hands) so that I don't jinx them on their run to the playoffs, but they are currently 2.5 games ahead of the Arizona Diamondbacks coming into the last few games of the regular season. This will definitely be a nail biter. Let's hope Manny and the boys in blue can keep up the good work.



On the other end of the spectrum BYU has amassed a full assault in College football. Playing 8 straight quarters of shutout football, bumping their national ranking to 11. What a sight to behold! Let's hope that they keep up the good fight and get a better bowl bid than the Las Vegas bowl.

I don't find it to important to mention SUU's football team, well because they really don't have one. They allegedly have something called a "football team," but I don't consider what said "football team" does football. But maybe someday they will get better... maybe.


Other than intensly watching the scores and looking up stats of my favorite players I am busily study for my classes and trying to find all the time I can to spend with Sarah, which doesn't seem to be much, or at least not enough. But we are happy and love each other! Till next post.



Oh, and I got a haircut

10 comments:

sarah said...

Well...not quite the post I was expecting...but a post is a post! And the blog is once again ours. Hallelujah.

Nice "trim."

Rebecca said...

Jeff, I've been wanting to talk baseball with you for some time now. I am of the opinion that Manny Ramirez is actually Harry Potter in disguise. That picture you posted confirms it!

Jeff Excell said...

Rebecca, there are basically two schools of thought regarding Manny and his "abilities." One that he is Harry Potter in disguise and two that he is a wizard from another realm. Nonetheless, both agree that he does posses some sort of magic ability, I was just fortunate enough to catch it on camera.

Abe said...

Jeff, True or False: You would kiss Manny Ramirez sooner than you would lick the dirt off of his cleats?

Rebecca said...

Abe, do you mean kiss Manny when he is the baseball star, or kiss him when he is his alter-ego: Harry Potter?

LC said...

jeff, i like your hair cut almost as much as the slightly creepish picture posted of said hair cut.

i miss the excells!

i'll be seeing you both soon.

Jeff Excell said...

Abe, Tough question, I guess it depends on what kind of dirt he had just stepped in. But I'm really not into the whole man-kissing-thing, or dirt liking for that matter.

jlthomas said...

Manny schmanny. Anyone can have a .602 slugging percentage, but not just anyone can toss 7 TDs in one game.

By the way--you might want to register your new blog address before someone gets the wild idea to go ahead and beat you to the registration. Imagine the fun one could have...

Rebecca said...

Looks like I'm not the only one who's already tried to visit jeffandsarahexcell.blogspot.com and had evil ideas.

RonElaine said...

Was blog surfing and found your blog. When Ron was in a bishopric a few years ago, Sarah was in his ward - what a small world! Congrats on the wedding!