Monday, October 06, 2008

It's that Time of the Year

It's my favorite time of the year again...the air is getting crisper, the leaves are changing colors, and everybody is stressing to find a Halloween costume. For the first time ever, my Halloween costume partner is a boy. He can't be the other half of the double mint twins, or my fellow shooting star.


My creative juices just haven't been flowing like they used to. I guess when it really comes down to it, I work Halloween night, anyway, and I don't even know if we will have somewhere to show off a costume if we do come up with something, but I just can't let a Halloween slip by with me not dressing up. So here are the candidates:

Mario and Princess Peach: My mom made the mistake of bringing me our Nintendo64, so we are constantly playing mario kart. Then this idea was born. The only problem-I don't know how to sew. The costumes might end up a little hard to recognize.


Dwight and Angela: Ah. Our favorite TV show. I feel like Jeff and I could strongly resemble this attractive couple. The only problem-Jeff was already Dwight for Halloween...Just last year.


The King and Wendy: Our first idea, and possible our most promising. Still quite an extravagent ensemble for Jeff, but as long as he's got that mask, the rest doesn't really matter. The only problem-we haven't ordered a mask. And I don't know if I want Jeff to have access to that mask for the other 364 days of the year.



I'll give you a hint: They start with Nin, and end your life. A quick, easy, very uncreative costume. The only problem-I don't know if we can live up to the incredible ninja reputation.

3 comments:

The Stevens Family said...

Definately Mario and Princess Peach! You could pull it off for sure!

Rebecca said...

I've GOT to see pictures of Jeff as Dwight. Please work on that.

Also, we had friends who were Peach and Mario for Halloween and I might be able to borrow those costumes.

Of course, that might require another drive to Fillmore...

sarah said...

I have told Jeff the Dwight picture request is in. So we'll see if he pulls through and posts it.

Peach and Mario costumes? Hey, I could drive to Fillmore every Tuesday.