Thursday, July 23, 2009

Apartment in the City Part 3

Alcoholics Anonymous has moved locations in Cedar City. I don't know where they were before, but now they're our next door neighbors. Every Tuesday night I get to walk across the street after Relief Society presidency meeting toward a room full of AAs staring at me. And I don't even get to introduce myself. I support the program. Congrats to all the alcoholics who are starting their recovery. But for anyone who's seen me wandering around outside AA:
My name is Sarah Excell. And I am not an alcoholic.

6 comments:

The Chappells said...

haha your blogs are always funny to read. Where do you guys live at?

jlthomas said...

that's too funny! I love your stories!
-Laurie

sarah said...

We live over by the pastry pub. You'd never guess there were apartments there, but there are.

Thanks Laurie!

Annalies said...

haha...I think your blog is my favorite blog to read. It's so funny. I hope you don't mind me checking it so often. It's always good for a laugh. Hope everything is going well for you guys and hope to see you soon!

Rebecca said...

I love the post--and the picture.

Glen said...

Sarah,

Obviously you have not ever attended AA. You never say your last name. It should be Hi My name is Sarah and I ....

Not that I really would know but your mom and I went to a meeting on the church's 12 step addiction recovery program and that is what we learned...

Also, I am glad to know that you are not an addict to alcohol.

Have a great day.