Friday, July 10, 2009

Pepsi Pride Day

Jeff and I had a surprisingly fun fourth of July. We didn't plan anything in advance. It was great to have a completely open day to do whatever our little hearts desired. Let me give you a rundown of the day's events:

It started with the Cedar City 4th of July parade.
Cedar City LOVES their parades. They have one for every summer holiday, plus I think they even throw some extra ones in just for fun. This parade was kind of a let down though. They only had one float. And two men were pulling it.

Then I dragged Jeff to tennis.
He beat me. Literally. He hit me with the tennis ball and I got a huge welt on my leg. I forgive you, Jeff.

And nothing says 4th of July quite like a picnic!
Jeff's family has a fried chicken picnic for the 4th of July. That sounded pretty American to me, so I thought it was a good tradition to carry on. After we got the chicken, french bread and cheesecake, some storm clouds started coming in. We decided to make it an indoor picnic while watching "Confessions of a Shopaholic." It was a cute, relaxing afternoon in.

FOOOUUUUURRRth of July Golfing.
Since Jeff watched a chick flick with me, I decided to let him play a round of golf while I followed him around. I know a lot about golf, so it was actually pretty fun to refresh my terminology.

Out with a bang.
We finished up the night with fireworks. Somehow we ended up right in the middle of a bunch of people who could be classified as ghetto. But it was funny to listen to them. Any time a red firework went off we'd hear them say something like, "Oh, that looks like a tomato!" "Tomato sauce!" There were some other ones that were blue on bottom, white in the middle and red on top. Those ones did not resemble anything patriotic to them, instead they would yell, "Oh! Pepsi!!" every time. We got a kick out of it.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

We missed you on the Fourth!

jlthomas said...

That's too funny! Glad you guys had a good 4th of July. You missed our Nebraskan fireworks.

jlthomas said...

AIR POLLUTION!