Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Last Hurrah

My good friend MacKenzie is soon to be a missionary in New Zealand. I decided to go up North this weekend so I could go to the temple with her for the first time. I had not been up there since August! So I was definitely due for a trip to visit my family, too. I got to spend most of Saturday with my sister and mom. We went "shopping." Which for us is going into one store and then going out to eat.

Caroline was being such a doll all day. It's so easy to make her smile.
One of my cravings hit while I was up there: Schlotzky's Deli. My sister has been very good at not eating deli meat throughout her pregnancies because I guess it can give the baby some kind of something that I don't know too much about. I had been avoiding deli meat until this trip. I couldn't kick my craving. All the moms out there, let me know if you ate deli meat while you were pregnant so I can justify myself.

Saturday night was the temple night. I just love going to the temple. I think it was my first time going without Jeff but my mom volunteered to take his place. After the temple we went to Marie Calendars. We were loud and obnoxious but it was so fun to have the roommates from Junior year all together again.

Kenz and Leslie's mom did a lot of bonding. They discovered that somehow they are related. I was trying to make connections, too but nothing ever panned out.

I am so excited Kenz is serving a mission. I know she will be a great missionary. When I was little I always told everyone my favorite primary song was "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission." Well, I didn't go on one so now I get to live vicariously through Kenz. It has been fun to see her prepare for a mission and she has been a real example to me. Kenz, I know New Zealand needs you! I can't wait to hear about the coconut trees, penguins, and companions. Congratulations! You'll be awesome.

3 comments:

jlthomas said...

Schlotzkys is a common pregnancy craving of mine, yum I could go for that right now! I ate it with all my pregnancys, so don't worry about a thing and get yourself another sandwich! And by the way I'm still loving your haircut, it makes me want to cut mine!

Ben, Tana, B.A., and Dirk said...

You can still go on a mission when you grow a foot or two. You just won't have to deal with crazy companions.

Kim said...

It was a fun weekend. Come up again soon. Oh, wait--I'm about to see you again in 2 days. Hurrah!!