Monday, November 16, 2009

You Might Be A Bad Wife If...

You say, "Honey! What do you want for dinner?" And your honey says, "That's weird. Why do you want to cook me dinner?"

You force your husband to drive you to the closest Olive Garden (45 minutes away) because you're having a "craving."

Your husband has to ask, "Are you going to shower today?"

You cry when your husband says he doesn't want to go mini-golfing.

When you're checking out at the grocery store with your love muffin, you realize the cart is only filled with your food preferences.

You have had nightmares of your mother-in-law chasing you around town because she thinks you're not taking care of her son.

Your husband thinks you have a secret diary of everything he's ever said so you can use it against him one day.

My parents thought I was a bit of a drama queen growing up. Whenever I was acting bratty, they always said, "Is this how you are going to treat your husband?" To which I always replied, "No. Because I get to choose my husband and I'll want to be with him." And then my dad would quote his favorite quote, "That which you persist in doing becomes easier to do. Not because the nature of the task has changed, but because your ability to do has improved." And then I probably said, "Oh please!" and ran off to my room. Well. Once again parents, you were right. Looks like I'm morphing back into that drama queen you once knew. At least I caught it before I became too unbearable. Husband - sorry for turning into the 13 year old I once was. I will try to be less of a bad wife.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ha! What I want to know is do you leave Jeff little hate notes when he aggravates you? I think I still have some of the ones you wrote me...

Kim said...

I bet all your sweet, good wife moments far out weigh your bad wife ones.

But, I do have to admit I'm liking all these "Mom and Dad you were right..." epiphanies you have been having lately!

Jeff Excell said...

Rebecca, she has written notes, but never given them to me. She tells me about them after she's cooled down. But I want everyone to know that I think Sarah is a great wife, and I had nothing to do with this post.

Unknown said...

Sarah, it's okay to pick on Jeff a little. Believe me, he has it coming! We could probably dig up a little "dirt" on him for you if you would like. Actually, we have to confess that both of you got a great deal in each other.

Susan said...

Sarah, Once you again you crack me up.......Are their any hate notes, laying around, at work?