Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's the Little Things

At the hotel, we have confirmation numbers we give the guests. A few months ago, the numbers were nearing the 100,000 mark. Every night I would check the numbers to see if the big switch would be happening on my shift. It became like Y2k for the hotel.

I also remember making reservations for two summers ago. I would just get the biggest smile on my face when people were calling in to reserve a room for August 8th, 2008.

Another small thing that always tickles me is when I go to the temple and do work for someone also named Sarah. I once did baptisms and somehow got three Sarahs in one day.

Anyway, my point is, I just threw away a milk carton that said, "Best if used by 01-25-10." For the past three years I have successfully bought milk that had my birthday as its expiration date.

It's the little things that keep life fun.

3 comments:

jlthomas said...

Did that milk carton have a little tiny bit of milk left in it?

sarah said...

You know me all too well.

LC said...

update your blog please. thanks.