Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Slight Case of Senioritis

Dear professors,

If you run out of things to say 10 minutes before class is supposed to get out, just let us go. We don't need to be held captive until the exact last minute of class.

We are seniors. We have learned how to meet people at this point. But thanks anyway for the getting to know you activities. Now I know the last digit of everyone in the class's phone number.

It's okay if you start class 5 minutes late because you're busy talking sports with a student...until you hold us an extra 5 minutes after class to make up for lost time.

I would much rather do ten independent assignments than do one group project. Coordinating schedules, having my grade rely on other people, and only about half the group does all the work while the other half gets a good grade from it. But at least once I'm graduated, the group projects have prepared me for the real world...

Even though you have tenure, we are still supposed to learn something from you.

The first week of school was really scary. Lots of big assignments and rules laid out for the rest of the semester. Thank you for taking your scary face off after the first week. I now see my classes are going to be bearable this semester.

With Love,
Sarah

3 comments:

The Stevens Family said...

HAHA! Sarah that is HILARIOUS! J.D. says you are so clever! lol!

Kim said...

I'm sure anyone who has ever been a student can relate.

Anonymous said...

Amen.