Sunday, April 11, 2010

Big MAcc

Last Monday we were anxiously waiting to hear whether or not Jeff got into SUU's master's program. Nothing. No acceptance letter, no denial letter, nothing. Jeff got all riled up Monday night saying he was going to march down to the school and demand they let him into the master's program.

He did march down to the school only to find out his application had "fallen through the cracks." SUU was waiting for his GRE score... which they got two months ago... then his letters of recommendation... which they realized were there. SUU basically forgot about Jeff's application. After many apologies, Jeff got accepted on the spot! Jeff will be taking classes over the summer and then finishing up in December.

This is how happy we are about the news.

On a side note: Remember the book/movie Holes? Remember how Madame Zeroni made Stanley's great-great-grandfather carry a growing pig up a mountain every day to make him and the pig strong? I climb a bit of a mountain every day on my walk. And I can't help but think of that scene every time I start up the hill. Am I calling my baby a pig? Maybe. But he is growing very quickly now and I'm definitely feeling the extra pounds. So I'm taking Madame Zeroni's advice and trying to use those pounds to my advantage so I'll have super legs by the time he's born. TWO MORE MONTHS!

3 comments:

Kim said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Jeff!! I'm so glad he marched right down there and got the problem solved!!

Madam Zeroni made me laugh. You could at least have posted a picture of you and your "pig" belly! We haven't had an update of that lately.

jlthomas said...

Congratulations Jeff!

LC said...

hey i saw you climbing your mountain today! i wanted to yell out my window "nice legs!" but i couldn't be 100 % sure that it was you until i came up on you. But that purple shirt and those shorts pretty much gave it away.
congratulations again to jeffe. and that picture is very cute of you both!