Saturday, April 24, 2010

Three Cheers for Nesting!

When Jeff suggested we set up the baby room, I knew I had to take advantage of his motivation. I am a little embarrassed he got the nesting bug before I did, but I'm glad we finally got the baby room all set up. I'll start with a picture of the "organized" closet. No baby stuff in here, but it's the biggest closet in the house so it's been dubbed the storage closet.
I am so glad Jeff knows how to put things together/fix things/tear things apart. He made this whole process very easy.
Here is the finished product. It looks like you can't really open those drawers, but you can. You just can't be standing in front of the dresser when you open them. We made it so crammed here...
so that it's nice and spacious here:
And this is a little sign I made right after we decided on his name.
It's such a relief to have the baby room done! I feel much more prepared for him. Now I just have to make it through finals and then I can focus all my attention on getting ready for the little guy. Seven more weeks! That's so crazy.

6 comments:

The Stevens Family said...

It looks so cute! I love the crib! I can't believe how close he is to being here! The nesting stage is so fun, especially getting things ready! It's not really a bad stage, it was my favorite! although i think i had it for 9 months...

Annalies said...

That is adorable! I love it! I'm so excited for you two! I can't believe how soon it is til you have him! Love the baby room!:)

Laura said...

Love the room. It's getting close!

Rebecca said...

Cute! Where did you get the rocking chair? Did that lady give it to you?

Kim said...

I can't believe you didn't want our ancient, old, holey, pink rocking chair as part of your decor.

Love his name in the triple frames. Cute touch!

Hey, it looks like Eli doesn't have a mattress to sleep on. Cute NEW crib, though.

jlthomas said...

I can't believe your going to have a little guy so soon! I love the letters framed, very cute!