Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Over Riverton and Through Woods Cross to Grandmother's House We Go

We went up north last weekend for my friend's wedding reception. I had a few things on my to do list while I was up there and one of them was to learn how to make my mom's delicious rolls.






































My sister came up for the lesson.
















I am pretty sure this is Brooke's favorite place at her grandma's house. She loves playing with the lima beans. Notice her collection on the tupperware on the bottom shelf.






















Quote of the weekend comes from Becky after punching her dough: "Eww. It looks like a stomach after having a baby."


















Jeff popped in and out of bread class.


The bread masterpieces.


We went to Melissa and Kyle's reception Friday night. Melissa looked so beautiful. One of her decorations managed to give me bunny ears in the picture.


Eli got a lot of compliments on his chubby cheeks.






Eli loved spending time with his grandma while Jeff and I went on bike rides, runs, movies, golf. Thanks for the babysitting, mom!




Here's our Sunday dinner feast. My mom just kept putting more and more food on the table. And I wonder why I always gain a few pounds when I go up north to visit...


Dessert was chocolate covered strawberries. Brooke takes after her mom.






We finished our visit with a game of Cranium and then we headed back home Monday morning. Another fun weekend up north!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Best post title ever.

It was a fun weekend. I can't wait to do it all over again this weekend!

Glen said...

Hey Sarah,

No mention of Jeff's record breaking 36 on the front nine at Eaglewood? That deserves an honorable mention at a minimum. And I don't mind that he keeps beating me, it is just fun to have some company on the golf course.

It was fun to have all of you up. Looking forward to it again....

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going well and you could go up North. We need to party soon :)

Jeff Excell said...

We never went through Woods Cross.

Laura said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend. I love cooking lessons! Thanks again for taking Kaelynn home with you. See you soon!

Kim said...

I loved the title as well--even if you didn't go through Woods Cross.

I laughed so hard at the dough belly comment and also the rabbit ears photo. Hilarious!!

LC said...

in a way i feel relieved that you updated your blog. i swear i have checked it 90 times in the past couple of days.
i feel so creepy for that, because we talk all the time, so it's not like i don't know what's going on with you. i just really like reading your blog.
anyway.
i love the title of this post.