Sunday, December 07, 2014

Well Rounded

The holidays were good to me. I kept complaining that my bump wasn't taking on the shape of a nice, round pregnancy bump but was rather just splooching out all over my mid-section leaving me forever in "is she pregnant or just getting bigger" territory. 

I can proudly say I gained 5 pounds in a week over Thanksgiving and that has helped steer me more towards obviously pregnant, so I guess I'll count the rapid weight gain as a blessing.
Eli has totally surprised me with this baby already. He is so interested in everything baby related. I can already tell he completely adores his soon-to-be brother. With baby brother's kicks getting stronger, Eli has been able to feel a few kicks which he thinks is absolutely hilarious. It melts my heart to see Eli take such an interest in all things baby.

Eli also helped me sort through baby clothes a few weeks ago. The great thing about having another boy is it's easy on the budget. I had an urge of nesting hit and decided to pull out all our baby clothes, only to find they were all horrifically stained bright yellow. ALL OF THEM!

It was disgusting! My boys were both big spitters, but I had washed all the clothes really good before I stored the clothes away, so I was not expecting to be greeted by stains on all my favorite baby outfits.

Upon researching the issue, I found out that it's fairly common for baby clothes to go into storage clean and come out bright yellow from old stains reappearing. I crossed my fingers as I followed the advice of online forum-ers that giving the tiny outfits a 6-hour Oxyclean bath would do the trick:
I'm happy to say it worked! The clothes look good as new! So if anyone else has the same thing happen and is left discouraged with a bag full of baby clothes ready to be thrown away like I was, fear not! Go buy some Oxyclean and save yourself a ton of money!
Heartburn. Ugh. My biggest...well...my only complaint really is heartburn. And the unlikely culprit? CHOCOLATE! Never did I think I'd find chocolate unappealing, but if I eat a lick of chocolate after 3:00 in the afternoon, my throat is burning all night!

I'm also feeling very round lately. Sitting up and bending over has become labor intensive.

I feel him all the time now which I completely love. He's super active at night so I love to take a few minutes every evening to just pay attention to him and enjoy his little kicks and punches. Until he gets me in the bladder and then it's not quite as enjoyable.

I have yet to have a stranger comment on my pregnancy. I think this is the furthest I've made it into a pregnancy without an awkward supermarket inquiry from a curious cashier.

I haven't had many cravings. Sad. I love pregnancy cravings. I haven't really had aversions either. Other than hamburger meat but I don't really love hamburger meat not pregnant, so hard to tell if that's really an aversion.

Oh! I've started getting Braxton Hicks for sure. They aren't as frequent yet as I feel like they were with my first two pregnancies, but I get pretty big ones now and then that kind of catch me off guard.
That's all I can think of for now! This pregnancy has been a breeze and it's flying by! I'm getting more and more anxious to meet the newest little guy and to see how Jeff and I will handle being outnumbered!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Another cute post. Love your last statement "see how Jeff and I will handle being outnumbered!" Funny!!

Rebecca said...

Quit looking so adorable!