Sunday, May 05, 2019

Carlsbad, Final Tour

We had to squeeze in one last trip to Carlsbad before my parents finished their mission. I got all the boys showered, clothed, and hairstyled before getting myself ready. In the 5 minutes it took me to blow dry my hair, Jonah reappeared like so. This is why I don't do their hair, people!
This was our mood four hours into the car ride.
But it was all worth it once we got to see our favorite Carlsbadians. 
First stop was the San Diego Safari Park. 








Next stop was the flower fields. I've spent the last 3 years longing to see the flower field in bloom but we always went out at the wrong time. With an April visit, we were in luck. Just look at how pretty all those flowers are...
I laughed so hard when I saw my arm's positioning in the above picture as it perfectly covers all the flowers my face is leading you to believe are awesome. Let's try that again...



We had to do one last run through Annie's Canyon which required a healthy dose of patience for those walking with Lincoln. Lincoln grabbed a stick and felt it was his mission to cross out all the footprints he saw in the dirt the whole way to the canyon. 
We finally made it. Lincoln was a trooper and did the whole thing by himself (minus just a couple critical bottom hoists). 
Then we made one of our more regrettable decisions and went to the beach. It was cold. Jonah fell completely into the water right when we got there and there was no stopping the older boys from jumping through a few waves. Total beach time: just long enough to get a few pictures. 




To the bath to warm up! This was the fateful moment Lincoln discovered the goggles that were tucked away in our swim bag. 
After getting all cleaned up, the boys experienced their first Hibachi dining experience at Benihana. 
They were so into it and did a great job trying all the food...wait...what is that around Lincoln's neck? 
Ahhh. Goggles! Lincoln and the goggles were inseparable the rest of the trip. 
Okay, so I guess he did take them off to dye eggs, but I guess we are using the term inseparable loosely here. 
Jonah and Carson got in some early morning dabs before heading to a park on Saturday. 

After being in a total desert for the last 6 months, all these flowers and beautiful colors looked so foreign to me! 
The goggles have returned much to everyone's delight. 





We came home from the park to word that there was a lizard loose in my parents' house. We had just the guys for a job like that. 


Catching this little guy may have just been my favorite part of our trip. It was so funny to watch 5 boys vs lizard battle it out in the nicest room of the house.
After an obligatory Chuck-E-Cheese's trip that remained undocumented by me, it was time to hit the road (and the hay for some of us). 
We loved our last visit to Carlsbad and are sad to see our favorite vacation spot go!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I read this post when you first posted it and now once again because I hadn't commented on it. I loved so much everything we were able to do with you on your trip. The goggles had to be my most favorite thing that happened. Next to your family Night Light each evening (not mentioned here, but documented fully in my blog post).

The lizard catching photos crack me up!! So funny!! I really loved all the photos you took at the beach. Too bad the weather was so cold that the fun in the sand and the water didn't last long.

So glad you got to experience the Flower Fields. And all the other things you did while you were here. Fun trip! Wish you could visit again some time. Oh, you can! It will just be a different location. Utah! HA!

Rebecca said...

Fun trip! I'm so sad our Carlsbad-vacationing days are over! :(