Sunday, December 29, 2019

Dreaming of a White Thanksgiving

Lincoln is "only doing three preschools" (his words) this year. I don't know how many preschools he thinks he should be doing, but he always makes it sound like three isn't enough. He goes twice a week to a community center class, every day he has Upstart, a computer preschool, and twice a week we do a neighborhood joy school. 

One week I didn't wasn't in the mood to sift through online worksheets for the joy school, so I thought, "I should just do some experiments." I ran with it and my lack of wanting to prepare turned into one of the most successful preschool days I've done so far. 

We mixed colors. 
We watched water travel through a paper towel.
And we finished the experiments off with "elephant toothpaste!"
Lincoln does really well when he is busy. But leave him bored for three seconds and he will busy himself with naughtiness.
They did this right next to me while I was making lunch, in perfect silence, and without raising any suspicion.
We set the Christmas tree up a little early this year so we could come back from our Thanksgiving in Utah to a "decked" out house.

Our Christmas spirits must have brought a snowstorm to Utah. We were walking in a winter wonderland all week!
Jeff got a lot of exercise shoveling while all the little boys got their yearly snow fix. They were outside for hours without a single complaint. I wasn't complaining either!

We got to spend Thanksgiving with my mom's family. We were happy to get to see everyone while we were in town.
Carson and Newland built a monster snowman with my dad.
Lincoln liked staying on the sidelines with a shovel.
We took advantage of our family photographer, Dallas, for a quick Christmas card photo. Well, it would have been quick had my kids cooperated! Thankfully Dallas snagged this picture kind of on a whim and it turned out to be a winner!
It's so nice to have our Bess friends right next to my parents' house so we can sneak a visit in with them whenever we're in town. We let the kids ride all their wheeled toys in the church gym. Brightly wasn't having the photo op.

We loved our visit to Utah!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Great title for this blog post! It was definitely a VERY white Thanksgiving. The boys had so much fun playing in the snow. So fun for them!! So happy you came for the holiday.