Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Merry Infomercial Christmas

Jeff and I are stuck with bunny ears on our TV. We can't afford cable. We definitely can't afford satelite, but we could afford the $10 antennas at Wal-Mart. One night I got home from work and we watched a little TV. At first, we were disappointed to find only infomercials on. Until we decided to really watch one. We were introduced to the "Miracle Blade." Jeff was sold in the first 10 minutes. I told him maybe I would buy it for him for Christmas. I saw a little glimmer in Jeff's eye as he said, "Let's have an infomercial Christmas!" And that is how the idea was born. The next time we saw Jeff's family, we suggested the idea to them, and it was a hit! So this year, the siblings of the Excell family are having a strictly infomercial Christmas, and we've been watching a lot of late night local television in anticipation. Here are some of our favorites:

NuWave Oven-Jeff and I love the "professional taste tester" in this one.


ShamWOW-Made in Germany. Enough said.


BlendTec Blender-A $300 dollar blender that blends anything. And if you visit willitblend.com, he proves it.


Miracle Blade-The only thing Jeff wants for Christmas. Because if we want pineapple one night, all I have to do is throw it at Jeff, and as long as he has a blade in hand, he could slice it midair.


Ellen shows her audience the truth about infomercials...but that won't stop us from buying this year's most useless products for our loved ones in just 4 payments of $29.99

2 comments:

jlthomas said...

Sarah we're offended, we want our useless junk too! Great idea! Have you played all your infomercials at one time, your blog get a little crazy, especially with that blender one!
-Laurie

Royal and Desiree Fryer said...

You didn't even put the two best infomercials of all time!! #1-----THE MAGIC BULLET!! The show for it is practically a drama in and of itself! #2----The Ronco Dehydrator. This was the first infomercial that I ever saw and I knew from that moment on that I wanted on and that I loved infomercials.