Sunday, June 27, 2010

Trained Ears

I have started to be able to wake up from hearing Eli just fussing in his room when he's hungry at night. I've been amazed a few times that I actually heard his whimpers in my sleep.

Jeff has class every morning at 8:00. Last week I realized I had not heard his alarm clock go off since we brought Eli home. When he came home from school I was eager to ask him if he has been using his alarm. I think he thought I was being sarcastic because he quickly apologized for having his alarm clock go off three times that morning.

I didn't hear a thing.

How am I able to wake up to quiet fussing and sleep through three rounds of Jeff's alarm clock? Chalk it up to another one of the many miracles of being a mother.

2 comments:

Jeff Excell said...

And how can I not wake up to a screaming baby, yet my head pops off my pillow when my quiet beeping alarm clock goes off? Chalk it up to another one of the many miracles of being a father.

Kim said...

Touché, Jeff!!!