Monday, October 24, 2011

A Spooktacular Weekend

We went down to Cedar over the weekend and I learned that when Eli has his cousins, a slide and a fun basement, he really doesn't care to see much of his parents.


This picture was taken right after David said, "This is what being a Grandpa is all about." I thought that was cute.



We had to take the new boat out before the weather got too cold. Again, Eli didn't think he needed us around much when he was at the lake.
The water was only a little chilly... But the weather was perfect!


Eli refueled as fast as possible so he could get right back out to the water.
And maybe a little sand made it in his mouth too.



I love these three pictures together:


I was a little nervous to have Eli on the boat, but as long as we were moving he was happy as can be.

Jeff did a little wakeboarding. I love that he and Eli made the same facial expression after getting into the cold water.
It took all my energy to refrain from trying my hand at wakeboarding. It seems like all my boating, roller coaster and hot tubbing opportunities always happen when I'm pregnant. Curses.
The next day was the world famous Excell Spooktacular! Nurse Mary sure can throw a mean party!
The newlywed lumberjacks.
Eli is a traffic cone if you couldn't tell.
Skeleton family.
We had dinner-in-a-pumpkin and hot dog mummies/severed fingers for dinner.
Ben could probably pick up a second job as a face painter.
And then came the attempt to make homemade root beer.
The fog provided good ambience, but it did not provide good root beer.
It wouldn't be the Spooktacular without a little Bingo.
Prizes for the cake walk.
We had a bind with Jeff's costume and I ended up making that vest the hour before the party. Not bad if I do say so myself.
Fish pond. I'm showing off my bump for you here.


Eli got a truck from the fish pond and wouldn't let go of it all night.

And then Eli went unsupervised for a few minutes and he decided he wanted a few cupcakes. So he crawled all over them to find the perfect one.
The next day was church and maybe we slipped Eli into nursery even though he's not quite 18 months yet. I heard him crying in the middle of Relief Society. The nursery leader said he was so tired he kept trying to fall asleep but he just couldn't fall asleep so then he would start screaming. Ha. I held him in Relief Society and he was asleep within five minutes. I guess all that playing with his cousins finally got the best of him.

When we got home, Mary and David cooked a delicious Sunday dinner for us. Last time I made gravy, Jeff told me I'm not very good at making gravy. So I made sure to get in a lesson from his mom on how to perfect my gravy making skills.
And I learned how to make crescent rolls from Celeste.
And then right before we were going to leave, we irritated our husbands just a little bit by requesting a quick photo shoot.


Thanks for the fun weekend Excells!

7 comments:

David and Mary said...

Love all the pictures! It reminds me how fun we had. Eli sure had a good time with his cousins!

Anonymous said...

This makes me want to do a Halloween party.. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I'm glad you were able to come meet baby Sarah and that we could chat :)

Ben, Tana, B.A., and Dirk said...

Glad that it was fun. It looks great. Your costumes were cute. I love that you put Eli in nursary.

Laura said...

Such fun times. Love the pictures!

Kim said...

WOW! Everyone had such great costumes. Wish you'd asked Mary and David if we could borrow their costumes so we would have something great to wear at our family party. It really looks like Mary throws a wonderful party. And the lake pictures are beautiful. Love Eli in his life jacket.

LC said...

Love your costumes! Love your bump! Love eli with a life jacket! He looks so old.

Eric and Justine said...

I love your costume! You are always super creative!