Sunday, October 08, 2017

I Blog, Therefore I Am.

I've fallen victim to a string of busy Sundays that left me neglecting my blog. But alas, I am here again! Fear not, young peasant!

Let's jump right in with one of those motherhood moments you envision before you have kids and know better. Doesn't every mom have hopes and dreams of her children reading to each other? I did and do and I'm loving having little readers in the house, especially when they share their love of books with the illiterates of the bunch. 
Just as one has happy visions of children reading to each other, one might also have visions of a happy family who gathers in a cooperative circle every night for family prayer. Tis not the case. No, no. Family prayer begins with screaming about who gets to sit closest to Dad while Dad assures there is room enough for all.
Our hairy baby is no more. The bald spots and receding hairlines were becoming a bit much, so we took some clippers to it and turned him into a Cabbage Patch.
There is something irresistible about crossed baby legs that makes me feel the need to document it every time it happens.
We had some fun company show up!
Lincoln and Wynne were instant besties and Newland picked right back up where he left off with EliCarson (as he used to call both of them). One night required "bedtime races" to get all the wiggles out before sleep.

Bedtime races leading to sleep was a success as is evident by Wynne's hair.

We went to Salt Lake to check out the Clark Planetarium.

Then back to the house for more playing.



1 comment:

Kim said...

Eli reading to Jonah is adorable!!

Turning your baby into a Cabbage Patch. Haha!! He and Wynne are so cute holding their bald baby dolls.

Looks like the little cousins had a great time together.