Sunday, February 11, 2018

30 + 3 = Lincoln and Me!

I tell you every time our birthdays roll around that I love to go and do fun things on our birthdays. We are generally major homebodies who refuse to pay for any kind of activity, so the one time I'm willing to splurge is to celebrate our annual aging milestone. 

The day before my birthday, I decided we needed to go to The Ice Castles for my birthday. As birthday luck would have it, our Bess friends were free and willing to make the trip with us...until we realized halfway through the drive we would be caught in a treacherous blizzard. I don't know if they remained as willing (because we certainly changed our minds), but we powered through and made it to our location where the weather was ideal and the birthday celebrations could commence. 


I had wanted to go here for the last 2-3 years so you could say it was a dream come true!


My favorite part was the ice slides. And the time I went down one wearing Jonah in a baby carrier and as I unsteadily slipped/sat down at the top, at least three people behind me said, "Woah!" With an undertone of, "Lady, are you sure you should be going down this ice slide with a baby strapped to you?" Yes. It's my BIRTHDAY so BACK OFF!
It was such a fun birthday outing and another thing off the bucket list.
I am 30, people. T-H-I-R-T-Y. After experiencing my first day of being 30 without a single mid-life crisis, I assessed that I mourn Jeff's old age rather than my own. Ha! Jeff is 5 years older than me, and I remember being really freaked out when he turned 30. Now he's practically FORTY (35 is almost 40 if you ask me), so with each birthday I celebrate, I feel younger and younger. Ya hear that, single ladies? Marry the old ones. It's like the fountain of youth.
Our next excursion was to celebrate Linker Lou turning 3! 
We went to a bounce house with our Bess friends again because, well, we all have a built-in Bess friend to hang out with when we're together, so it's the Bess(t)! Okay, I took that one too far.

Meanwhile at the bounce house, Lincoln and Holland were in full party mode? 
Awwww. I love them.
I made Lincoln a Lightning McQueen cake that was actually supposed to be a Mater cake but Amazon never delivered the Mater I ordered. The one time Amazon has failed me. Huff.
We ate meatballs several months ago for dinner and Lincoln devoured them. When he said his bedtime prayers that night, this was his prayer:
"Dear Heavenly Father, meatballs, meatballs, meatballs, meatballs, meatballs, meatballs, Amen."

That's how we came to determine meatballs was his favorite meal and would be served at his birthday dinner. He also LOVES broccoli (woot, woot) so some of that too.

A few days before his birthday, I was explaining to him that he was about to turn 3. His reaction to this news was to turn around in circles until he fell to the floor while saying, "I'm turning 3!" Here he was "turning" 3 on his birthday.

Lincoln! He's spunky, he's smart, he's loyal, he's sweet, he's a cuddle bug, he's sassy, he's easy going, he's fun loving, he's everything we need him to be! We love you, Lincoln!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love when you get the blogging itch! I was happy to relive Christmas and see all the pictures you took of our time together. I also loved seeing the ice castle pictures! And Linker's birthday cake! Adorable!

Kim said...

“Ya hear that, single ladies? Marry the old ones. It's like the fountain of youth.” Hahahaha!!! That one made me laugh out loud (right here in the library)!!

Lincoln “turning 3” — adorable!! Kids take things so literally.