Saturday, February 16, 2019

Back to Blogging with Back to School

My kids are in school. Like everyone's kids. And like everyone's kids, mine also posed for pictures to mark the start of their 3rd and 1st grade adventures at Adelaide Elementary School. 


The adorable wannabes.
After I joked on Instagram that I deserve a medal for surviving summer, a friend (with a 3D printer) showed up at my house hours later to present to me the most hilarious medal I have ever won.

Also medal worthy was the time I got 8 kids ready in time for school all by myself.
A family party at Andy and Amanda's house meant free rides on the lawnmower for those who stayed late enough for the after party.

Lincoln and Holland are basically twins who can marry each other so that's cute.
Hey look! He smiles when I tell him to. That won't last long.
With Jeff gone, these were my extreme efforts to bring order and organization to an otherwise completely chaotic bunch of boys.
Before long we were already preparing for Jeff's first visit home. Carson spent every night leading up to his arrival drawing pictures of the big day.
This is Jeff tucking Carson in at night.
A trip to the donut shop. 

Carson's visions came true when Jeff was momentarily ours again!
We even got donuts to fulfill all of Carson's adorable drawings.

We got Jeff for 24 hours before shipping him back to his training. It wasn't long enough!

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOVE the medal!! So sweet of your friend to make that for you. And you did deserve a medal for getting 8 children ready so early in the morning. Bravo!!