Friday, June 27, 2008

Counting Down the Days

Over the last week, it seems like no matter what happens, I just can’t shake my excitement to get married. The closer the wedding gets, the more real it becomes. I was a little scared I might get cold feet, but at this rate, my feet are ready to run to the temple.

A few days ago, a girl I was working with and her husband were in a little argument. She had just finished venting to me when her husband walked through the door. After a little bit of awkwardness, she asked him if he had put his dishes in the sink yet. His response was, “Of course I did…but even if I didn’t, you would never know.”

My coworker and I glanced at each other and both knew what that meant. He knew the right answer was that he had done the dishes. We knew his second answer said he did not do the dishes. A few minutes later, he left, and I turned to her and said, “Follow him home.” In no time, she was out the door in a race back to her house.

As I sat at Abbey Inn for a few minutes alone, I had some time to reflect on the joys of marriage. Watching this little incident left me surprisingly thrilled to be married. Instead of dreading similar experiences with me and Jeff, I became excited to share my kitchen sink with him. And it was then I decided to make a countdown chain for August 8th. I have always loved these kinds of chains. The daily ripping of stapled paper somehow makes the waiting time a little more bearable. I once told Jeff I was going to sit and stare at the countdown on the side of our blog all day, and since I don’t have internet at my apartment, I have created another countdown to stare at.

      


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cute chain.

LC said...

this is cute sar. i haven't had a chain for a long. time. but once i had one for counting down the days till Efy.
I was prompted to come to your blog from your weird little comment on mine. you are a creepo.
i don't even know what a "love countdown" is.

LC said...

ps i clicked on your little google add thing. so there's a dollar towards your marriage.

i'm not getting you a gift now.

peace out hosers.

love you both

les