Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Space Between

Today Sarah and I were talking about our age difference. I am 25 and she is 20 making us an obvious 5 years apart. While I love the fact that we are 5 years apart, I don't know if Sarah shares the same enthusiasm as I do, but she'll admit in private that she likes it. When I think of the age difference I like to think of some funny facts throughout our life. I look back at history and see where each of us were at that point in time, here are just a few examples of my thoughts:

While I was in first grade, Sarah was born
When Sarah was getting potty trained, I was preparing to get baptized
When I started to drive and date, Sarah was still in primary
When I left on my mission, Sarah was 14
When Sarah had her sweet 16, My parents were picking me up from my mission
When Sarah graduated from high school, I had just had my 23rd birthday
And when Sarah was 20 and I was 25, we fell in love

These are just a few funny things that Sarah and I laugh about when we think of our age difference. But when I look at it I think that it's perfect. Sarah and I fit together more than perfectly, no matter our age. And seeing that I am about 5 years less mature than I should be, it works out fine. I'm so glad that we found each other. Before we were even dating I told Sarah that whenever I got engaged I wanted to be "anxiously engaged" to my fiance. I can honestly say that I am anxiously engaged to Sarah Thomas.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm not necessarily trying to comment on every post you all do, but I didn't want to leave this post out by not commenting, especially since Jeff wrote it! What a sweet post, and I love the title! Keep the mushy sentiments coming!