Saturday, August 02, 2008

The Sound of Love



Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends. ~Alphonse de Lamartine

Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. ~Confucius

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. -Aldous Leonard Huxley

Music is Love in search of a word. -Sidney Lanier

Music is the universal language of mankind. -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Okay all you loyal blog-readers, I'm in need of some help. With less than a week before the wedding, there is only one more item of business on my to-do-list. I still need to make a couple CDs for both receptions. I have been stressing about this for two months, and this is my last hope. I know the guests at our receptions probably won't notice the music, but just in case they decide to tune into one of the songs, I want to make sure it's a good one. So I'm letting our Lucky Number 8 fans be the wedding DJ. Let us know your favorite wedding appropriate songs, and you just might hear them at the parties!

6 comments:

The Stevens Family said...

Sarah and Jeff! I would say Good Morning Beautiful would definately be swell! And then our all time favorite "To be with You." by Mr. Big. Good luck and we're so excited!!!!

Abe said...

I've got a great one:

"Modesty is always in style! It never goes 'out,' it's 'in.' It comes in the latest fashions, in styles that are sure to win!"

OR

"Sare - a - rahh! Let me tell you 'bout, Sare-a-rah, cause she's a 'special' girl!"

OR

"Rubb-a-dubba dubba, rubb-a-dubba dubba, rubb-a-dubba dubba, in the TUB!"

sarah said...

Oh la la. Our guests are going to love "tuning" into those selections, Abe. Keep 'em coming.

Rebecca said...

Two words for you:

Josh Groban.

Bard73 said...

Hey Sarah,
Your Crazy Uncle Andy suggested, Another one bites the dust (Queen), Makes me feel great, If that is what he thinks of Marriage!! Hee Hee, I thought it was kinda funny too. Looking forward to the big day.
Manda

Klabraham said...

Here are just a few songs:
1) "More than words" (Extreme) - an 80's classic
2) "All I want is you" Barry Louis Polisar
3) "Love me tender" Norah Jones
4) "Everything I do (I Do It For You)" Brian Adams
5) "Return to Me" Dean Martin
6) Throw in some classic Frank Sinatra/Elvis/Michael Buble
7) "Can't Smile Without You" Barry Manilow
8) "At Last" - Etta James
9) "Crazy" - Patsy Cline
10) "Wonderful Tonight" - Eric Clapton

If you are desperate, throw in the chicken dance, ymca, and eye of the tiger.