Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Watched Pot Never Boils


Last week, Jeff and I ran in a 24th of July mile race. It was a lot of fun. Jeff ran it in 5:54, and I ran it in 6:54. We also got super cute shirts. We went to the Cedar City parade after with Jeff's parents, and then they took us to lunch at Carl's Junior. I love Pioneer Day! No work for Jeff, five dollar t-shirts, parades, and Carl's Junior! It was the perfect day. 

As far as the wedding plans: we have the temple reserved, we have the rings, we have a reception center, we're starting to get gifts, we have an apartment, we have a mattress, invitations are sent out, the honeymoon's planned, the countdown chain is slowly shortening, and we are waiting. Just waiting. 

When I am at work, the first 4 hours seem to go by really fast, and then I dread the last 4 because they just seem to drag on and on. We are in "the last 4 hours." With all the planning, time flew by at the beginning of our engagement, but now we're just waiting for the pot to boil. 



Today Jeff accused me of not being "physically ready" for our wedding. I shot him a dirty look, because even though sometimes I slack off, and don't work-out as hard as I might have planned, I didn't think I looked THAT bad. He quickly cleared up that he meant packing up my apartment, and getting our physical things ready to go. So this week, we'll be working-out, packing up, and hopefully getting our marriage license. August 8th: slowly but surely, here we come!



6 comments:

Rebecca said...

In the second picture, are you two looking wistfully at the bride and groom or at the word "camping?"

sarah said...

Oh. I guess there is a bride and groom in that picture... I was wistfully looking at the word camping, daydreaming about our new cooler and air mattress.

Klabraham said...

Seff,
We are so excited for your wedding and look forward to seeing you two get hitched. Loved the announcement! See you in less than 10 days!
Love,
Aberissa

Rebecca said...

TEN DAYS?!?!?!

By the way, we call you guys Sarff (but I really wish Sarah's name had an "m" so we could say "Smarff").

LC said...

ahhh. 7 days?! are you kidding me. a week from tomorrow tomas!! i love you! i'm so excited for you, and jealous!

martinez/christensen

Abe said...

Apparently "a watched blog never posts" is true as well!

Come on, the last 7 days before your wedding should be full of exciting, last-minute blog posts to keep everyone excited!