Sunday, February 14, 2010

Always Kiss Me Goodnight

One of my favorite things about being married is hearing Jeff talk in his sleep and hearing about the weird things I say while I'm sleeping.

Last week we had a sleep talking incident. I had been asleep for about an hour. I think I woke myself up mid-dream because I had to go to the bathroom. I woke up, looked at Jeff and said, "We never kiss each other goodnight!" To which Jeff leaned over and gave me a big wet one and then I was off to the bathroom.

I didn't fully realize what happened until the next morning. I remembered I was having a dream about those signs that couples hang up in their house that look like this:
Apparently I was really upset we didn't have a sign to remind us to kiss each other every night.

These pregnancy dreams have been so funny. I've dreamt I had the baby at work while I was checking a guest in, and a few nights ago I had a dream that when I had the baby he looked exactly like me as a newborn...

only bigger and minus the bow. When I tried to pick him up he kept punching me. I think that dream stemmed from my fears of having a 10 lb. baby and being able to feel his little kicks and punches now.

In honor of Valentine's Day, don't forget to kiss your love muffin goodnight!

4 comments:

Annalies said...

What a cute post! Is that your baby picture? I'm not even married but I always have dreams of having big babies. I think It's going to be a curse for me. I was a 10 pound 8 ounce baby and I just have this feeling it's going to happen to me. I love the baby picture! Hope I see you soon!

jlthomas said...

There are few baby pictures I love more than sumo Sarah!

LC said...

sarah, i remember that picture hanging on your wall in our apartment.

i hope your baby is a sumo wrestler at birth. 14 pounder. i'm calling it now.

Kim said...

No matter what anyone says, I thought you were the cutest baby ever--despite your size--and I never thought you looked like a sumo wrestler at the time (although now, I may have second thoughts...).