Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Productive Procrastination

I had a presentation in one of my classes this morning. So last night, instead of practicing for my presentation, I decided it was time to deep clean the house. Jeff got dragged into the middle of my cleaning rampage. Here is Jeff working on cleaning out our closet. It was the inspiration of my rampage.

Our apartment only has two closets. We use one for storage and then we have this one which is our clothes closet. As Jeff was throwing rolls of toilet paper, ties, suitcases and other things out of the closet he kept saying things like, "I wish we had a linen closet." "I can't wait until I have my own closet." "You're such a woman." (because he only gets 1/4 of the closet hanging space and I get the rest.)

Jeff decided he was going to create a make-shift linen closet so we don't have to keep our towels in the clothes closet anymore. He cleaned out his bathroom cupboard to make room for our "linens." I love this.

And finally, all the clothes we decided we can probably part with. You're welcome, D.I.
It's SO refreshing having a clean house. Nothing like some early spring cleaning!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Are you experiencing the "nesting" that comes with pregnancy this early? Or is it just time for spring cleaning? Whatever the case, I'm sure you're both feeling better about getting the job done.

Rebecca said...

We've been feeling the spring cleaning bug, too. Nice organizing, Jeff. Are you available for hire?