Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Eli's First Fourth

It's summer in Cedar City and that only means one thing: parades, parades parades! I have always loved all the parades Cedar has. We couldn't let the 4th of July pass without showing Eli all the festivities. We ventured out of the house and had a good time!




Eli ended up sleeping most of the day so I was worried he would be awake quite a few hours during the night. We went to watch fireworks at the end of the day and Eli decided to stay awake for those. He didn't make a peep through all the explosions. He just sat and stared at them. He typically goes about 4 hours between feedings. When we got home Eli went right to sleep. I was expecting him to be hungry in about an hour, but I was so tired I went to bed anyway. Much to my surprise, Eli didn't start crying until 3:30 in the morning...six hours after his last feeding. I appreciated the extra sleep, but I think we may have given the little guy some stimulation overload with the busy day and wore him right out.

We did go to the doctor that next day because he was due for a weight check. He's now 10 lbs. He jumped from the 20th percentile to the 60th percentile so we really aren't starving the kid.
Eli's already a month old! I think he smiled at me for the first real time today. It was adorable. And yes mom, his eyes were open when it happened so I'm counting it.

3 comments:

Kim said...

It doesn't count for me until you take a picture of him smiling and post it.

Maughanster House said...

Sarah,
Eli is adorable! I can't wait to actually meet him in person, but for now the pictures will have to do! You look amazing, and it seems like you are doing really good! I told you that you would be a natural! It was so good to see you again- I promise that I will get over to see you soon!
Love ya!
Heather

Glen said...

My first Cedar City 4th included being scared to death with a cannon going off at 6:00 AM. At least I could go back to sleep. Maybe Eli has some of that blood in him. The ability to sleep after the excitement...