Sunday, October 24, 2010

What Happened in Vegas

I just got back from the Excell Girly Girl Weekend in Vegas. It was so much fun! Here we are leaving Friday morning:
Eli has been a little crabby over the last week. He's been funny about going down for his naps. By funny I mean he screams about 30 minutes before he falls asleep. I was nervous Eli would scream the majority of the trip. I was happy to see a happy baby (basically) the whole way to Vegas.
 We met up with Laura and took a tour bus to The Strip.
 Look what we have here -- a quiet, peaceful baby!
 We HAD to go to The Cheesecake Factory. Nothing says girls' weekend like delicious desserts. (Who's that sleeping all through lunch?)

As Eli began rustling towards the end of lunch, I started gathering everything for a speedy exit. Instead of screaming and throwing a fit, he woke up happy to be in Vegas with the girls.


Shopping without a husband to drag around? Sign me up! The last time I had been to a mall was for maternity clothes a year ago. I was so thrilled to be in a mall again.


 Oh, hi Eli. I barely noticed you there because you were being so good.
We soaked our shopped-out muscles in the hot tub. The pool was gigantic, and we had it all to ourselves the whole hour we were there.
We made matching t-shirts at the end of the night.
Then things got weird. But what else would you expect at 1:00 in the morning during a grown-up sleepover?
 After some indecision on where to go for breakfast/lunch on Saturday, I spotted one of my most favorite places to eat. It did not disappoint.
 Eli was hungry but politely let me finish my sandwich.
 Then we went shopping yet again. Dream come true! Tana and Laura got pedicures. It wouldn't be a girls' weekend without painted toenails.
 More dessert? You betcha!
It was a fun, relaxing weekend we all needed.
 And Eli was an absolute angel the whole time! I love this new tradition.

4 comments:

Laura said...

What? no mention of Hank? I guess that's best if it stays in Vegas! Your post is great. I had a great time. Can't wait till the next one.

Anonymous said...

Eli is such a cute chunky little thing! I need to hear what happened after 1:00 a.m.... and I think my blog is in need of a header :)

Kim said...

I love the happy-to-be-in-Vegas-with-the-girls Eli photo.

You didn't show the sad-Eli-was-in-Vegas-with-the-girls Jeff photo, though.

Jeff, we'll be expecting the next post to be "What Happened While Sarah and Eli Were in Vegas" for your side of the story of what you did over the weekend.

Rebecca said...

Those were some of the cutest pictures I've seen of your little guy.

What a fun weekend. Don't I count as being part of the Excell family? I want a girls' night, too!