Saturday, December 04, 2010

Eli's Half Birthday

Today is Eli's half birthday. I was going to make cupcakes. But then I decided to make something Eli could enjoy -- mashed potatoes. He didn't like them. Here are the latest pictures of the little rascal:





Eli has had been sleeping through the night since he was three or four months old. When I say sleep through the night, I'm talking a good 12 hours. My sister kept warning me her kids hit a six month slump and started waking up again. I didn't believe her. This week Eli's been up at night about every four hours. Why is my six-month old acting like a newborn again?!?

Eli loves to be on the move. He won't make a peep if he's in his stroller or car seat. He's getting really good at using his hands and he frequently stares at them in awe. He still loves bath time. His splashes are getting more aggressive. He's a smiley and (usually) an even-tempered baby.

As far as milestones...he hasn't accomplished much since his two-month roll over. He hasn't even attempted to roll from back to stomach but he now can roll over the instant we put him on his stomach. He can almost sit up by himself. And he can take his binky out and put it back in again. That's pretty good, right?

We're so happy Eli's been a part of our lives for the last six months.

5 comments:

David and Mary said...

Happy 6-month day Eli! You are a cutie!

Rebecca said...

In the first picture does Eli have a really bad pit stain or is he still spewing liquids like an active volcano?

Laura said...

Happy 6 month day. Does Eli have a nick name yet? (I mean besides deep t--t)

Susan said...

Sarah, He gets more and more gorgeous, the older he gets. I LOVE his smile and his eyes. Who knew that he would bring you so much joy.....I did :)
Miss you!

Kim said...

Eli has Brooke eyes!

I love your Christmas header. Too bad your Dad's still so much into BYU sports that he probably wouldn't even consider changing out our header. Maybe in January...