Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Stir Crazy Mommy and Baby

Just when we thought it was about to get warm, mother nature decided to drop another foot of snow on us. Go figure. We've spent a lot of hours stuck inside and it's starting to take its toll on both of us.

Eli has realized he can open cupboards, dig in flower pots and pull books off the shelves.

 (Not to mention throw the occasional temper tantrum.)

 When he's not destroying the house, he's shoving food into his mouth. The boy loves finger foods and bonus -- it keeps him entertained for quite a while. I asked my mom today if it was bad to just keep feeding him and feeding him to keep him busy. She didn't think that was a good idea. I didn't think it was a good idea after I watched Eli shove an entire full-sized vanilla wafer into his mouth. But I still laughed and took a picture while praying it would dissolve very quickly if he started choking on it.
 Being cooped in the house all day has left me resorting to the TV every once in a while. Eli loves it. He will even chuckle at times. It makes me realize he probably has a better understanding of the world around him than I give him credit for.
 Now for my stir crazy guilty pleasures. I have been itching to get into our new house. In the meantime, I have been crafting, decorating and sewing to pass the time.

A few weeks ago I found a plate at DI and it looked like it would match the green in the kitchen of the house we're buying. I shoved the plate in a closet at my parents' house and kind of forgot about it. Then today my mom had the great idea to visit Tai Pan (it was a terrible idea. I now want everything in the store.) and I found a vase that I thought might match the plate I bought. Sure enough I brought the vase home and it was a perfect match. I have been staring at these two for the last hour. They're so darling together. It was meant to be. Let's just not tell Jeff how much that Tai Pan vase was.
 And I've finished more pillows! I didn't love this flower one as I was doing it but it's grown on me.
 This one is my favorite:
 We're going to have a big, brown headboard and probably paint the wall behind the bed yellow. So envision that instead of the purple.
Hopefully it warms up soon so I can get my mind off all this decorating and Eli can stop tearing my parents' house apart. I'm excited for warm weather and I'm so excited to move!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love the temper tantrum picture. I'll be sad when you move and you aren't always at Mom and Dad's when we visit...or should I be happy because we'll have a new fun place to visit/destroy?! I bet Brooke would love to get her hands on that Tai Pan vase...

David and Mary said...

Cute post Sarah. I can't believe how fast Eli is growing. It is so funny that he gets into everything! Your crafts are so cute. I love the plate/vase combo. I better go Eli-proof the house before he gets here and stock up on vanilla wafers :)

Susan said...

Sarah, you must have a camera around your neck, at all times. You capture the cutest dang pictures of Eli. I crack up, every time I read your posts. I really miss you.
I took Tricia to Tai Pan for her birthday and everything I brought home, WAS FOR ME. That store is evil.