Friday, April 29, 2011

The Frosting

I read an...interesting book called "Mutant Message Down Under." The book is about the Aborigine people. One part said the Aborigines think it's funny Americans have things like frosting and gravy. They're eccentric things that they view as completely unnecessary.

Well Aborigines, I have to disagree with you. I have spent the last week frivolously frosting my house and now it's finally starting to feel like home. The frosting is the sweetest part! The gravy leaves you satisfied. Unnecessary? Maybe. But what's life without a little eccentricity?

Here's the frosted kitchen:

 The family who lived in the house before us left these cute flowers for us. It was so sweet of them to think of us and it really brightened up our house before we got our decorations up.
 I love this bathroom. I still need to put something above the toilet, but I love the lemon decoration on the counter. We are probably going to paint the walls really light yellow in here eventually.

Back to the kitchen. These are not done. Especially not the top shelf. This has been more of a picture storage area until I figure out where to put everything. The bottom shelf is somewhat done. I've been having a hard time finding skinny things that will work on those shelves. I'll take suggestions.
 This is in our living room. Our living room is going to be purple, green, black and tan.

Finally, Eli's dino room! This is actually funny. I know there are a ton of people who love doing their own thing. They love to be original. I'm not really like that. I don't mind using other people's good ideas. Especially when it comes to decorating. I'm quite an amateur.

I made that dinosaur blanket for Eli and fell in love with a dino theme. I looked and looked for decorations online with no luck. Then I googled dinosaur nurseries and kid rooms and I struck out again! Could I really have unintentionally been original? Dang. That left me fending for myself on everything. Eli's room is doomed to be completely homemade and decorated by yours truly. This is what we have so far:


Here's another funny story -- Eli LOVES toilets. He crawls straight into the bathroom and climbs all over the toilet. Maybe he's destined to be a plumber? 

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness. So cute. When are you throwing a housewarming party so I can ooh and aah in person?

Kim said...

Ooh!!! Aah!!! It is so very cute in person!!! Dinoland turned out great.

Anonymous said...

way too cute and I still can't believe you have your very own house!

LC said...

love!! i wnat to come this week! your house is adorable. i love the kitchen and elis room is looking so cute sarah! i can't wait to seee this in real life!!!

jlthomas said...

Adorable! Send more pictures so I can feel like I'm really there! After seeing your place I think I need to do some sprucing up over here!