Monday, April 25, 2011

Whew

We survived moving day.

It was so unreal to walk into the house knowing it was ours. Eli made himself right at home.

 Before long David and Mary showed up with all our stuff.
Then my extended family came to help out. 
 ...and have a little fun along the way.
Mary and Kaelynn were so nice to entertain Eli in the midst of all the chaos. 
 After only 45 minutes and a few minor injuries we were all moved in and the movers were enjoying their well deserved treats.


 First family picture with our new house!
 Our real estate agent gave us sparkling cider. We took a break from our work to celebrate with it.
 We couldn't put anything in the kitchen because we had some people coming over to clean the whole kitchen for us. Box after box piled up in our living room leaving us with a huge pile of clutter. As boxes were slowly disappearing I thought it might motivate me to take pictures of my progress. This one is right after we moved in:
 Here's Saturday night:
 Sunday afternoon:
 Monday morning:
All the boxes are unpacked if you can believe it. I've been running around like a crazy person trying to get everything organized. I hope to have it mostly put together by the end of this week. I'll keep you posted on my goal.

7 comments:

The Stevens Family said...

I can't believe how fast you moved it! You Go Girl! i can't wait to see pics of everything all done :-)! YAY! I'm so excited for you guys to have a home to call yours

jlthomas said...

I love your house Sarah! I can't wait to see it all put together! I can't believe you guys have a house! Yay!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little house! I'm glad you had so much help with moving.. I can't wait to come and visit!!!

Rebecca said...

What the...?

How did you get a picture with Bryce?!

Ainscough Family said...

Congrats on your house! What city are you living in now??

LC said...

i love! it just looks like you guys. i cant wait to come over.

Laura said...

I am glad Kaelynn was able to help with Eli. She loves her cousin. The house is so cute. Can't wait to see it.