Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Family That Plays Together Stays Together?

My Aunt Michelle gave me a game for my bridal shower with a card saying "Families that play together stay together." Well Michelle, I'm afraid that games are the source of this family's problems.
We got Monopoly for our wedding. One night we were playing and the game got a little more competitive than I expected it to. I don't usually get too competitive about board games, but something inside of me just has to beat Jeff. Let's just say it's gotten to the point where if he wins, it takes me about 15 minutes to cool down and not be mad at him. He just gets so lucky! There has been a fresh Monopoly board waiting for me every night when I get off work for the last week. The current score is 3 games to 3. So now if you see us in marriage counseling, you know why.

As for the title of our blog: The results are in! 
You guys weren't much help. I mean, every vote counts yatti yatti, but a TIE? So I guess the last vote is mine. And I am choosing to keep Lucky Number 8. Writing the story of Lucky Number 8 made me fall in love with that title again. And plus we just changed that picture at the top of our blog, and I don't want to have to change it again. Thanks for your votes and creative ideas. 

6 comments:

jlthomas said...

Ah Monopoly, one of the first games Jacob and I played together. I know what you mean about having to beat Jeff, I have to beat Jacob as well and lucky for me I usually do :)

Kim said...

You both better practice SET so that somebody can eventually beat Ben at that game.

I like the idea of keeping Lucky Number 8 as well--especially after hearing all about the significance of it. I like the new picture, too.

By the way, hope you have fun delivering all those 8 babies you are planning to have. I guess you have overcome your fear of needles to now be considering giving birth?

Rebecca said...

What? Sarah's pregnant?

sarah said...

Pregnant? It's a baggy sweatshirt, but there's no baby in there.

Rebecca said...

I'm happy Lucky Number 8 won!

LC said...

I love this. Me and Cade tried to play checkers a little over a month ago, and it turned into a huge fight, and me locking myself in our bedroom for a long time. Ha, we both have that "I need to win" gene, and we decided not to play checkers anymore (after we made up and I made him admit I won, and that he cheated.)