Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Diapers...Check! Wipes...Check! Baby...

It's a good thing little Eli hasn't come yet. We took a risk having my baby shower three weeks before my due date. I told my mom I didn't want the house completely covered in blue. We decided I might still be in denial I'm having a boy. I really just hate that all boy clothes are blue. Boys can wear and have decorations other than just plain old blue. So thanks, mom for the yellow plates and splash of pink. The decorations were perfect!
I had my shower on my dad's birthday. Jeff and my dad spent the whole day together golfing, eating out and watching basketball.
After we sent the boys on their way, the lovely ladies started showing up for my shower. It was fun to see everyone I hardly ever get to see.
My sister sent out the invitations and thought of a cute game for the shower. My mom insisted on taking a picture of every gift I got. My mom will be posting those pictures HERE.




When Jeff got home, these shoes were one of the first things he noticed. They're so adorable. He said he wanted to get matching shoes. So if anyone sees these shoes in men's 9, let us know.
I may have been in denial about having a boy before, but the "Pee Pee Teepees" Abe and Klarissa gave me quickly put me into the baby boy mentality.
Here's my mother looking lovely for church.
After eating two cinnamon rolls and a slice of cheesecake for breakfast, homemade ice cream after dinner and M&Ms and Starbursts after ice cream, I thought I was going into labor Sunday evening. Turns out it was just a stomach ache from all those sweets. Rats.

While playing Taboo, I looked behind me to see Brooke had piled all the stuffed animals within eyesight on my mom. What a good Grandma!
And here we are with all of our gifts. We were planning on going home on Monday because I had a dentist appointment early Tuesday morning. We got the car all packed up and we were ready to go when I noticed the dentist office called because they had to reschedule. We decided to stay an extra day. It's always nice to be able to stay up a little longer than just the weekend. Thanks to everyone who came to my baby shower! We finally have most of the baby items we need. Now we just need a baby!

4 comments:

Ben, Tana, B.A., and Dirk said...

Looks like you got everything to dress your boy up cute. You also only look about 6 months pregnant. Are you sure you are going to have a baby next month?

LC said...

yay!!! i can't wait to look at all your cute stuff!!

Anonymous said...

cute pics!
uh. so I think your sister looks a little like my sister. weird.

Laura said...

It was great to see you. I'm glad you are all set. Love you guys!