Saturday, May 01, 2010

Picture Vomit

We had a great graduation weekend with my parents in town. These pictures are kind of out of order. Of course we had to play a little Rook with my parents. It wasn't as intense a game as it should have been. As you can see, the boys were distracted by the Jazz game.



My mom and I enjoyed some ice cream together while the boys were getting ready after a nice round of golf.


My mom did not approve of my dad's golf hat hair. So she made him do this:


This is what we came home to after ice cream. Two men, three computers, ESPN.


Mary and David were so nice to come to both parts of my graduation. Here's Mary patiently waiting for the ceremonies to begin.









We had a burn party with the Excells after all the graduation festivities. I wanted to burn my notebook from my last semester. I made a little schedule in the back of my notebook of when all my assignments were due the last couple months. It was always so refreshing to cross an assignment off my list. And I knew it would be good closure to burn the crossed out list after the semester was over. Weirdly enough, the burn party did give me more of a sense of closure than the actual graduation ceremony. It was like graduation was my last assignment so burning my assignment calendar finished everything off.



And here are my two favorite pictures from the weekend. The moral of the story: even a college degree doesn't prevent blonde moments.


7 comments:

jlthomas said...

Hooray for the Jazz! And its nice that you graduated too, Sarah.

Anonymous said...

haha.. very nice pics! CONGRATS on GRADUATING!!!

Kim said...

This post was definitely NOT picture vomit. I wanted to see much more!!!!

It was a great weekend. You did yourself proud, my daughter. Way to go!!

LC said...

pictures are the best part about blogs. you area college graduate! woo hoo!i'm so happy for you. also, my favorite picture is the very last one! hahah!

Klarissa said...

Congraduations, sistar. Me so glad you so brillent. You have many child.

Love,

Karisa and Ehb.

The Stevens Family said...

WHOOHOO for burning the notebook! I love that as the last assignment! lol!

Rebecca said...

I just read Mom's "post" about your graduation before clicking on your blog. I still had it in my head that I was reading Mom's blog, so when you were talking about doing stuff with your Mom, I was thinking she was talking about Grandma.

ANYWAY, congratulations! I'm so proud of you for making it through college!

What are you going to burn after you successfully complete your pregnancy?