Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Better Late Than Never

For Christmas last year I thought I would do something really nice for Sarah. We were on a tight budget so I couldn't spend a lot of money on her. I was struggling to find the perfect gift for her when I thought to myself "I'll make her something."

Since we've been married we have had an old metal bed frame that has caused nothing but problems. A couple of months after we were married I sat down on the foot of the bed to put my shoes on and 'crack!' the box spring broke. Since then the bed has just been getting worse and worse. So, I had the genius idea to build Sarah a bed for Christmas.

This, unfortunately, was a lot more work than had I anticipated. I had planned it only taking a couple of weeks to finish, but instead it took a couple of months. My initial plans to give it to Sarah for Christmas were dashed. But I was determined to finish it and with our move coming up it had to be sooner than later.

That past couple of days my friend Will and I worked long hours and finally got it done. I have to mention most of the credit goes to Will. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to woodworking and he sacrificed a lot of time to make this happen. Here are a few pictures of the finished product:



So merry late Christmas/happy early Birthday Sarah!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow! Nice job Jeff (and Will!)! I'm sad you didn't hide that thing and bring it with you when you came to NSL so that we could all share in Sarah's joy at receiving it.

Kim said...

Jeff, I'm impressed! I love the storage drawers. Good job!

sarah said...

I love it so much! I almost got you a box spring for Christmas. Sure glad I didn't because you would have majorly one-upped me. It's perfect. And I also love the storage drawers. Thank you, Jeff.

jlthomas said...

Nice job Jeff! I'm very impressed!
-Laurie

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Sorry we are no help with moving :(