Thursday, January 27, 2011

Goodbye and Hello

Man moving is a lot of work. Especially with one of these:

As soon as we found out Jeff got the job with JD Clark and Company we started packing everything up. It was a slow and painful process. I was so happy when Mary offered to throw a little dinner party in celebration of Jeff. It was a pleasant break from our work.
Jeff's BFF Will was invited, too. I often joke that Will is my nemesis because I have to compete with him for Jeff's love. It will be sad for these two to be so far apart. I guess it's a good thing they have XBox Live to keep them together.
Moving day was actually a breeze. We ended up being three hours ahead of our original ETA. It was weird to move out of Cedar. I still feel like I'm on vacation and we're due back there any time.

Jeff and I squeezed in a weekend of house hunting and then he started his job first thing Monday morning. He has really been enjoying it so far. They have free M&Ms all the time. I think I would enjoy it there, too.
(Notice the key card clipped to the right-hand side of his pants. So official. I still can't believe he has a real job.)

Eli's been having fun at granny's. I don't know if granny has had as much fun constantly retracing his paths to clean up slimy mirrors, spit-up in the carpet and crackers mashed on the floor, but we're glad she's willing to put up with us for a little bit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad all went well and hopefully we'll be seeing you guys!! I hope the job continues to go great and that you find a cute little house soon.

David and Mary said...

Jeff looks pretty official! I am so glad things are going well for you guys! We miss you!!!! Eli, come and see grandma soon, you are growing so fast!