Friday, January 14, 2011

Evidence of Our Excitement

I forgot to post these pictures with the last post. The first two were taken moments after we found out Jeff got the job:

 We decided to buy some sparkling cider a few weeks ago so we would be prepared to celebrate the moment Jeff received a job offer. We were tempted to drink it on New Year's Eve. I'm glad we chose to save it.
 This is me toasting. Here's to you, Jeff! Congratulations!
I do feel like I should say -- it is obvious Jeff is going to miss Cedar City, but I think I'll miss it more than I expected to. It took me a while to get attached to Cedar because it started as a short-term plan for me. I thought I would only be here for my college education and then leave as soon as I could. That all changed when I married a Cedar boy, so it's been interesting as this little town has slowly become my home.

I'm glad Jeff's parents live here so we have a reason to frequently come back to the place where we met, fell in love and started our lives together. It's sad to move on from a place that is now special to me, but it's definitely exciting to start a new adventure together.

4 comments:

Katie Perkes said...

I could 100% ditto what you just said, but replace Logan with Cedar! My husband is from here too, so I know exactly what you mean! I will be more sad than I thought to leave it. But glad we have a reason to come back! Especially since it's so meaningful!
So excited for you guys!

Laura said...

I am glad Jeff got a job. You and Jeff are so happy and friendly I'm sure you will bloom wherever you are planted.

David and Mary said...

We are so excited for you! Sad to see you leave Cedar City too, but it will be good for you to start your new adventure in life! We will keep the sunshine on for you anytime you get sick of the inversion!

Susan said...

Those of us, that were given the opportunity to know you, will miss you, tons. I am happy for you guys. Congratulations, to your new adventure. I wish you the best of luck and success with your new lives.
How is Will going to cope? lol