Sunday, March 27, 2011

Noteworthy Week

At the beginning of this week I stared at Eli in awe as he learned how to go from laying on his belly to sitting up. I texted Jeff while shaking in excitement, "Mark my words, he'll be crawling by the end of the week."

Throughout the week his little body has slowly been figuring out how to get places, and as of yesterday I am officially saying Eli has learned how to crawl. I don't have video proof yet, but how about a picture of the learning process?

 Another thing he did absolutely melted my heart. Every day of his life I would repeat "Ma ma ma ma ma" over and over again to him. I was determined to have him say mama before he said dada. Well, much to my dismay, he learned dada first. And he thought it was really funny to repeat da da da da da every time I encouraged him to say ma ma.

This week he FINALLY said ma ma! Later when Jeff got home from work, Eli immediately said "Da da." I think he's even figured out I'm mama and Jeff's dada.

The past few weeks he has loved walking along furniture. This week it evolved to running around the furniture. He is so busy all the time. He gets into everything and has about a 5 minute attention span.


To finish off this noteworthy week, Eli was on his best behavior today at church. While we were singing a song in sacrament meeting we looked down and saw Eli waving. I thought he was just waving at all the people, but Jeff noticed he was waving at the chorister leading the song -- thinking the chorister was waving to him. I never realize how much of what we are trying to teach him actually sinks in until he pulls stunts like that off. He's getting so fun and I love seeing him learn new things!

1 comment:

Kim said...

WOW!! So much happened while I was gone. I trust your next goal is to have his third word be Grandma.