Thursday, March 10, 2011

Single Mom

We're officially a few weeks into Jeff's first busy season of the year. Eli and I send him off at 8:00-8:30 in the morning and if he comes home before 9:30 at night we get excited he's home early.

So I've been living the single mom lifestyle for a little bit. Well. Single mom living with her mom. With a husband who comes home at night. But still. We've had some long days. My brother called me an accountant widow. Whatever you want to call it, me and Eli have been missing Jeff all day.

When my aunt asked me to babysit her four kids last month I was a little skeptical. I can hardly handle my one kid. Add four more to that?!? I guess I'll try.

Boy am I glad I tried. Would you believe me if I said having five kids is easier than having one? Allow me to explain through a series of pictures:






My ten and eight-year old cousins told their mom they were clearing their schedules for the week of Eli's stay. They jump out of bed if they hear Eli up in the morning, they giggle at his every move, they beg to feed him, they do laps and laps around the house with him and they cater to his every cry. 

It's been nice to have a little break from my monotonous daily tasks of being a "single mom" and get some help with Eli. Thanks girls! Maybe I'll survive tax season after all.

2 comments:

The Stevens Family said...

I totally agree 5 kids is easier than 1! I love my nieces and nephews coming to stay with us. I hope the tax season really is just tax season so you get to see Jeff more throughout the rest of the year.

Kim said...

I love the picture of both Maggie and Rachel spooning food into Eli. I'm glad you posted about what you've been doing this past week. I've missed you and Eli (and Jeff, too, but your post did mention how little we see of that guy lately).