Friday, August 26, 2011

Clean the House Day

Before I had Eli I heard several people say it takes twice as long to do anything with a kid. I quickly found this to be true. And I have recently found that the older the kid gets, the less they sleep, and the more they want to help. Making minor chores an all day event.

Because when I was cleaning the bathroom, Eli was unrolling the toilet paper.
When I was vacuuming, Eli was inconveniently always standing right in front of me, unplugging the vacuum, or stealing parts in a darling but time consuming effort to imitate me.
I cleaned up toys and Eli distracted me with his smiles.
I cooked cinnamon rolls and Eli ran off with my oven mitt.
I put the laundry in the dryer only slightly faster than Eli could pull it back out.
I got the settings ready, Eli changed them.
I tried to shut the washer, but someone was in my way. These laundry pictures are a little deceiving as it truly looks like I put him to work. But let me assure you -- his work was counterproductive.
I tried to fold laundry. A little mister couldn't stand to let a pile of clothes peacefully sit without being knocked over.
Whew. It's been a long day.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a cute little "helper" you have.

Kim said...

And how do you think you learned to do all the house cleaning and laundry as well as you do? It's because you were my little helper so many years ago.

jlthomas said...

Again Eli sounds just like Logan. At least their cute little helpers. And thanks Kim for the perspective, never thought about it that way!