Sunday, April 08, 2012

Easter Robot

We had a pleasant Easter Sunday today. Jeff whipped up a ginormous ham for dinner. There's just something about a man in an apron that I can't resist.
Our dinner was beautiful. Or maybe I'm just not used to seeing food that isn't spaghetti, tomato soup or cereal lately. An unforeseen result of busy season is I lose all desire to cook if I'm only cooking for me and Eli. So it's nice to have a real meal at least once a week.
Eli and I spent the evening in the backyard where Eli discovered we have a "scary robot" (as he calls it) living on our roof. We tried with all our might to convince him our satellite isn't a robot, but he has now gone to bed chanting variations of "scary robot" including: "I eat scary robot." "Scary robot night night." and "Where'd robot go?"
Let's just hope he doesn't notice the neighbors have one too. Happy Easter!

4 comments:

LC said...

I eat scarey robot? Man, you werent kidding about not making dinner. Elis so hungry he would eat a robot!!

Kim said...

Your dinner did look delicious. I hope Eli was able to get a good night's sleep last night as he went to bed with visions of scary robots in his head.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how cute Eli is.

jlthomas said...

We had a very similar Easter dinner :)
and I love the scary robot story.