Wednesday, May 16, 2012

All Things Carson

Carson is one month old today! Say what?!? I can't believe he's already been with us a month! Time sure flies when you have to take care of a toddler on top of a newborn.

Here's the announcement I emailed to a few people a couple weeks ago. So for all of you who are now offended you didn't receive a personalized announcement email, here you go. And unoffend yourself.
Eli thought he needed to be a part of Carson's one month photo shoot this morning. Carson was a little...startled to have the extra company.
Do I dare tell you that Carson has been sleeping 5-6 hours each night for the last week? Yes. I know I'm spoiled. And yes. I'm fully appreciating the run of sleep he gives me when I'm up with him for the run of awake time he also has every night. We're usually up two and a half hours together for his midnight feeding. He seems to like his sleep time and awake time in big chunks.
I attribute his long stretch of sleep each night to why he wants to nurse roughly every two hours during the day. Whatever. I'll take it.
Carson went to church for the first time last Sunday. He appeared to enjoy his first Sunday and I enjoyed having him there. For some reason I just love holding babies at church. Maybe because they're a fun distraction? I think it's because I'm able to just hold him without having to worry about doing a million other things at the same time. So I enjoyed soaking up some snuggle time with him.
Carson's been doing little smiles here and there the last couple of days. Adorable.
He was practically giggling this morning in his crib (the wall is really funny I guess).
We love having Carson in our family! Eli already gets a kick out of absolutely everything Carson does. Carson made a little squeak yesterday and Eli couldn't stop talking about "silly brother" while laughing hysterically. I can't wait to see them interact even more once Carson gets a little more social.

Happy one-month birthday, Carson! And please feel free to keep up your nightly six-hour streak of sleep!

2 comments:

Kim said...

"Unoffend yourself" made me laugh so much. Cute pictures of the little guy. I especially like the first one.

LC said...

oh carson. you are cute. get excited to meet me in a few days. your life will never be the same.