Saturday, March 20, 2010

Third Trimester

I have officially entered my third trimester! As of last Tuesday we have an empty car seat sitting in the back of our car. Call us antsy, but when my doctor made me go through the motions of having a baby at my last doctor's visit, reality started to sink in.

Here's a question: How much would our child's life be effected if he had the initials E.T?

And I'll finish this post with a conversation I had a while ago with a lady. I want to document it so I don't forget about it.

Lady: "Oh! I didn't know you were pregnant!"
Me: "Yup. I sure am."
Lady: "Do you know what it is yet?"
Me: "It's a boy."
Lady: "Did you have a preference on what you wanted?"
Me: "Yeah. I wanted a girl, but I'm just happy to be pregnant with a healthy baby."
Lady: "Girls are more fun."

Shucks. Better luck next time?

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

The doctor made you go through the motions of having a baby? What does that mean?

sarah said...

You've heard stories of my doctor. I'll leave it to your imagination...

Ben, Tana, B.A., and Dirk said...

First of all who is your doctor, I've never heard of that and people say funny things, sounds pretty honest.

jlthomas said...

I've never heard of going through the motions of having a baby either, how funny. And I love picturing you guys driving around for the next 3 months with an empty carseat in your back seat.
When you asked the initials question I thought, oh yeah I guess he would be E.T, thinking Eli Thomas but really he'd be E.E.
Alright, I'm just rambling now.

Kim said...

So his middle name is going to be Thomas? And I think you're so funny to drive around with an empty baby seat in your car. I think you may win the award for most anxious pregnant woman on earth.

Abe said...

It's my goal to not call Eli by his real name for the first 5 years of his life. K and I are still testing out nicknames for him, but most of them depend on what his hair color is.

LC said...

ok.this sounds like a good heath story. can't wait to hear about it.

also "lady" what the heck!?