Monday, November 15, 2010

In Loving Memory...

We have treasured every moment with Eli's hair. I took this picture specifically for his hair because everyone told us it would all fall out. Much to our surprise, we still had (yes, I said had) a 5-month old with a full head of hair! Our baby hair-loss worries were all for nothing.



 Until this happened:

The story, you ask? Well, Jeff hates Wal-Mart with all his heart. I hate going to Wal-Mart alone with all my heart. I said, "Jeff, we need to go to Wal-Mart tonight." Jeff said, "No." Then he said, "... Okay. I'll go to Wal-Mart with you if you let me cut Eli's hair."

We have been talking about trimming Eli's hair a bit the last couple of weeks. But I love(d) Eli's hair soooo much, and I didn't want to ruin it. He kept saying he would just even it out. I was starving and desperate to go to Wal-Mart, so I caved. I should have gone hungry.

You better believe I kept a bag of his long locks.
 Eli and I are still deciding if we like the new do.

8 comments:

LC said...

ha ha ha oh my gosh. so good.
eli! he still looks CUTE! it is weird though. he does look like a big boy now. jeff! haha. ooh i love eli. hopefully his hair wasn't his security blanket, because if it was you guys are in for many more napless days...pay back's a b. and eli looks pretttty mad.
he is an adorable buzzed baby.

Laura said...

I love the little faux hawk. The good thing about hair is it always grows back.

The Stevens Family said...

OHHH he looks so cute! Dawson's first hair cute made me cry because I didn't like it. I wanted his long baby hair. :-(

Rebecca said...

When are you coming up again? I need to see this haircut in person!

Jeff Excell said...

I think Eli looks rather dashing with his new haircut. And I would bet that Sarah pinched Eli just before she took that last picture, just to get him to cry.

jlthomas said...

I'm with Jeff, love the haircut! Very dashing!

Kim said...

Way to go, Jeff!! I like the shorter hair. I'm sure it's much easier to take care of.

I just want to know one thing--does it make his head look more round?

Ben, Tana, B.A., and Dirk said...

He looks like a little boy for sure now, no ellie.