Tuesday, May 17, 2011

If You Give a Wife a House

She's going to ask for a ginormous budget to buy new decorations to go with it.

When she gets her decorations, she'll have no choice but to update some of her old furniture.

Before: 

After:
                        
When she's updating her furniture she's going to have to buy a different fabric for each side of the cushions because she'll be indecisive at the fabric store.

Once she paints the chair and covers the cushions, she'll have to stand back and stare in awe at her incredible sewing skills.

After she stares in awe, she'll have to ask all her blog readers which of the two fabrics they like better.

Then she'll show off her new bedroom. Before:


After:
By this point, her ginormous budget has probably run out. So she'll ask you to envision the walls light yellow, the mirror white, the lampshades white and trim on top of the "headboard."


Whew. After all that hard work, your wife will probably ask for a cookie.

6 comments:

Melissa Smith said...

stripes

Rebecca said...

Cute post.

Did you take the pictures of the chair while Eli is passed out in his crib buried in blankets?

Now I need another tour.

sarah said...

Yes. I do my blogging during nap time. Eli is peacefully resting in his preferred position under a pile of blankets. I was wondering if anyone would notice him there. Good eye!

jlthomas said...

Nice work Sarah! I'm so impressed! I like the dinosaur side, and I love your headboard! I think the room looks great the color it is too, so if you had to run out of budget money at least it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Sarah! I like the dinosaur print :) Did you have to sand the chair before painting it??

sarah said...

I didn't sand the chair, I just used a more expensive spray paint that could be used on anything. I didn't prime it either... we'll see if it lasts.